About the Stratford City Centre
The Stratford City Centre Business Improvement Area is Stratford, Ontario's only Business Improvement Area (BIA).
The committee consists of up to eight volunteers who are business owners or representatives in the Stratford City Centre boundaries, plus a City Council representative. The positions are a four year term that runs concurrently with city council terms. The current term ends November 30, 2022. These volunteers represent the over 300 stores and businesses in the city centre.
The CCC meets on the fourth Tuesday of each month in City Hall Annex, 82 Erie Street at 6:15 pm. All City Centre business members, property owners and the public are welcome to attend. Changes in meeting date or time will be posted here. NOTE: At a Special Board Meeting held Tuesday, April 14, 2020, a motion to hold electronic Board meetings was approved. The upcoming electronic meetings will be held on the fourth Tuesday of each month at 6:15pm - September 22, 2020; October 27, 2020; November 24, 2020. Contact email@example.com for more details.
SCC BIA Aims and Objectives
- To maintain Stratford City Centre as an active and viable area.
- To beautify the City Centre and to encourage preservation of the City Centre's architectural heritage, including appropriate building renovation by private businesses.
- To encourage more use of the City Centre businesses by both local residents and by visitors.
- To encourage a forum in which the downtown business community can develop opinions and programs which will benefit the social, economic and physical quality of life in Stratford.
- To work in a co-operative manner with city officials and other business groups, never neglecting to maintain the City Centre's unique position.
- To promote Stratford City Centre as a special place in which to shop, work, visit, or live.
- Animation and Engagement
- Parking as part of the City of Stratford Parking Task Force
- Meeting as needed and/or at the request of the City
Please join a sub-committee. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chair Rob Russell
Vice-Chair Rob Wigan
Treasurer Laura Hilton
Secretary Anne Campion
Councillor Danielle Ingram
Rebecca Scott, General Manager
Kim Griffiths, Membership and Animation Lead
Christina Phillips, Board Assistant
Stratford City Centre Committee
47 Downie Street
- Stratford & District Chamber of Commerce
- The City of Stratford
- Stratford Festival
- Stratford Tourism Alliance